courier / squirrelmail

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Fri Aug 8 14:07:50 EDT 2003

Yeah, Courier uses INBOX.<somename> for every folder under it.  In
SquirrelMail, run conf.pl and choose option 3 (folders).  Here is what
mine is set to:

Folder Defaults
1.  Default Folder Prefix         :
2.  Show Folder Prefix Option     : false
3.  Trash Folder                  : INBOX.Trash
4.  Sent Folder                   : INBOX.Sent
5.  Drafts Folder                 : INBOX.Drafts
6.  Spam Folder                   : INBOX.Spam
7.  By default, move to trash     : true
8.  By default, move to sent      : true
9.  By default, save as draft     : true
10. List Special Folders First    : true
11. Show Special Folders Color    : true
12. Auto Expunge                  : true
13. Default Sub. of INBOX         : true
14. Show 'Contain Sub.' Option    : false
15. Default Unseen Notify         : 3
16. Default Unseen Type           : 2
17. Auto Create Special Folders   : true
18. Folder Delete Bypasses Trash  : true
19. Enable /NoSelect folder fix   : false

Spam is one setting I customized, it won't be in yours.  Option 2, "Show
Folder Prefix Option" set to false, that will hide "INBOX." from folder
names.

Try that and see if it helps.

--
<? print(pack("c*", 74,117,115,116,32,/* Tony Evans                  */
 65,110,111,116,104,101,114,32,80,72, /* Linux/Web Implementation    */