Installing Netscape

josephj at buffnet.net josephj at buffnet.net
Fri Apr 11 13:37:33 EDT 2003

I'm having trouble sending email using my isp.  I can browse the web and
receive mail using kmail, but when I send mail, everything looks fine on
my end, but it never gets there.

My isp (buffnet) is willing to help, but they have RH 7.2 and know
Netscape Communicator.

I did a few searches and urpmi's and didn't find anything on my system, so
I Googled it.  There were a lot of versions.  I downloaded
netscape-communicator-4.77-4.2mdk.i586.rpm.

Questions:
1) Is this a good version for my system (Mdk 9.1 rc2)?
2) Once I install it and use it to solve the problem, is it easy to
uninstall, or is it something useful to keep around?  I know it used to be
very popular.
3) If I just run rpm -Uvh netscape... , will it be pretty much be ready to
run other than maybe configuring a few parameters like DNS etc.?

Thanks.

Joe