IMAP and outlook 5$!&85!!

Darin Perusich darinper at cognigencorp.com
Fri Sep 13 08:13:50 EDT 2002

if i've been following this thread correctly are you saying that you're
looking for an IMAP server that has support for sub-folders, and doesn't
use mbox format.

i run the Cyrus imap server, it stores message as individual files and
maintains the messages "State" in a db file. i have users that have
subfolders 5+ deep, which they can share to other users on the system if
they are so inclined. the server itself runs with one master process
that spawns off subprocesses, imap, imaps, pop3, pop3s, ltmp, etc.

i'm just throwing out some information for those that are interested.
while i am biased to cyrus due to my experiences, i realize that others
choose solution that fit there needs and solve there problems.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
darinper at cognigencorp.com