LDAP

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue Sep 3 14:29:03 EDT 2002

something that might be useful for the NT domain auth. when the sun one
directory server 5.2 comes out, this month i believe it will be able to
sync password back and forth between ldap and active directory. you can
then setup nsswitch to use file ldap for passwd and group for the unix
systems and AD for win2k. i'm going to start looking at this over the
next few monthing, but it sounds like you need this soon.

check out http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/ for a nice little
java tool to manage the directory. i believe it's free to non-commercial
use, if not it's only $25.00

if you are looking to authenticate your imap server against the NT4
domain the cyrus imap server can be to authenticate via pam_smp. the
cyrus SASL supports CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, KERBEROS_V4, GSSAPI, and PAM.
i've only set it up using PAM, to hit our NIS tables but i'm sure it
should be rather easy.

drop me a line if you're looking for more info on this. i know one of
the cyrus developers, he works for a local company that i've dealt with
for years. he can answer just about any questions.

we've setup a address book using openldap. it works pretty well, but
netscape tends to have problems with it. this is well documented at
openldap.org.