Unix?

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at uq.net.au
Mon Oct 21 14:57:49 EDT 2002

colszewski at adelphia.net writes:

> I am running SCO OpenServer 5 this thing has worked flawlessly for
> about 14 months I have only had to reboot it when we apply
> updates. Until today. We use a utility called VisionFX

Are you sure it's not really called VisionFS?

I found a few links that seem to touch on your situation:

http://pcunix.com/Bofcusm/1307.html
http://pcunix.com/Bofcusm/1305.html

Have you exceeded your licensing limitations?  It looks like VisionFS
it licensed on per-connection terms.

> VisionFX basically makes a mapped drive from
> the PC to the unix machine.

I would also support the respondent who suggested looking into SAMBA,
which is free, well supported, and rock solid.

The Google search term I used was

        SCO visionfs "no more" connections

Cheers,

jason
--
| ``Ooooaah!                                                            |