Need some input on IMAP

Charles Rishel chaz03 at localnet.com
Wed Oct 23 18:02:45 EDT 2002

Hey all,

I have seen many people talking about fetchmail and such for retrieval of
email to a local server.  Me and my g/f are starting a home-based sales
business and a web-site.  I would like to setup an imap server so that we
can both access emails for the business, off of my local server.  I will
likely use fetchmail to retrieve the emails from the server and store them
locally to be accessed via imap.

I am looking for input on the various imap implementations that are out
there.  Just like anything in Linux there is much to choose from.  Having
no need for an imap server previously, I am looking for any real-world
advice from those who have dealt with the various imap software packages.

(Side note)
I find it funny that I always hear that "there's no software for Linux" all
the time, I find it ironic because one of the biggest problems I have found
with Linux is the over-abundance of software.  There are usually 3+
programs that can do equivalent things, it is just a matter of
preference,sometimes stability, and ease of installation that usually sets
them apart.

Thanks,
Chaz03

"If you want others to follow, give them leadership that they can believe in."