Unix?

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Mon Oct 21 14:36:20 EDT 2002

Some of your previous sessions may not have disconnected, you may still
have open processes. Is there a setting for process limit in vision fx?
Maybe up it, or is it fired out of something like xinetd (which has
process limits). Don't know never used SCO.

Have you given samba any thought? There are SCO binaries avaliable (so
google tells me anyways). I run it here and at our office in europe. Runs
really well. Rock solid and fast.

Robert Dege said:

> I've had no experience with SCO, so all this is just generic to my UNIX
> knowledge:
>
> 1) Try stopping/restarting the service (/sbin/init.d or /etc/init.d)
>
> 2) Use the `ps` command to look for any zombie/left over processes of
> VisionFX.
>
> 3) Try telnetting to the VisionFX port, and see if it rejects the inital
> connection.  If it immediately rejects the connection, then nothing is
> listening to the port.
>
> -Rob
>
>> I am running SCO OpenServer 5 this thing has worked flawlessly for
>> about 14 months I have only had to reboot it when we apply updates.
>> Until today. We use a utility called VisionFX so Windows users can
>> access files on this unit system by just pointing and clicking.
>> VisionFX basically makes a mapped drive from the PC to the unix
>> machine. Anyway as of today none of the people that use this utility
>> are able to connect to the Unix machine they just keep getting a error
>> message "No more connections can be made to this remote computer at
>> this time because there are already as many connections as this
>> computer can accept."  Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chet
>>

> Dege
>
> So Many Things in Life Would Be Really Funny
> .... If They Weren't Happening To Me
>

> --
> dangerous content by Dynabrade using Mailscanner,
> and is believed to be clean.

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator