RedHat 8.0

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Oct 3 15:23:49 EDT 2002

I did install KDE, KDE works fine, just not the KDM
On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 11:00, Justin Bennett wrote:

    Thats usually how you do it, i'm on disc 3 of the RH 8.0 Install on one of
    my machines right now, I'll test it for you when it finishes. You did
    install KDE right, Usually all pieces come when you install KDE.

    Justin

    Cyber Source said:
    > Can anyone explain how to change from using gdm to kdm. I believe you
    > change the file /etc/sysconfig/desktop so it says "KDE" instead of
    > "GNOME", it is not changing it for me but I think I might not have
    > loaded all the necessary files for kdm. Is this correct?
    >

    > --
    > dangerous content by Dynabrade using Mailscanner,
    > and is believed to be clean.

    Justin Bennett
    Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
    Network Administrator