Local Linux friendly ISP offer to NFLUG users

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 19:50:41 EST 2002

Well, since we've been essentially running without great formalism such as
directors and all of that political mumbo-jumbo it also means that we don't
have a treasurer or a way of determining how money would be spend, anyway.

I kind of like it that way, 'cuz I've watched too many small groups descend
into petty squabbles, etc. and break up.  We've been running the group as a
kind of collective where everyone chips in where they can when we need to do
something, such as donating machines to the group, someone donated a pack of
CD-Rs that were used to distribute Linux to the group.  So far, we haven't
really needed money for anything.  We have in the past had donations made to
the group by a few of the Linux vendors.  Granted, we haven't been really
pursuing this, lately, but if someone wanted to be a contact for vendors, that
would be kinda cool (hint, hint).  Generally, decisions are made in true
collective fashion, general group consensus goes.  Which is how the decision
about whether or not to move the group will go.

That's my 2cents + a small amount to account for inflation of value :-)

Cheers!

Bob

=====
Bob Meyer