Another quick Samba Question

Carl Yost Jr. carlyos at Buffalo.com
Tue Jun 25 15:16:38 EDT 2002

Where does the final say in the security for the folder lay in samba shares? Is it the options you put into samba when you create the share such as users, groups, etc.... Or is it what security you have set for the folder in Linux itself. I am just confused because unless I go to the console and set the security there, nothing I seem to set under samba makes a difference. I have security set for user, I have the samba acting as a PDC. Is that pretty much how it works? Linux itself controls the security in the end ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully someone understands what I asked ;).

 Carl