Backup question for RedHat Samba Server

arctic 91 arctic91 at Buffalo.com
Fri Jun 21 09:20:34 EDT 2002

Hello,
   Well since most of my testing is down for the migration to Samba off of Novell, one big question I have is for backups. We always use Tar on our unix web server. Is this going to server us well for a File server? I know through webmin it has a file system backup with dump, has anyone used that at all? The drives will have multiple mounts for the system, isn't it true with tar you need a seperate tape per mount? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

   Carl