Small Distro Question

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Fri Jun 7 08:00:59 EDT 2002

since you need to do a minimial install i might recommend going with
debian. i setup a similar dns server in my house, old Sun IPX 48mhz
sparc, 40 mb ram, 400 mb harddrive. i was able to fit the base system
inside about 50mb of disk space, this included the compiler, binutils,
everything that i'd need to make bind. i always prefer make things like
bind from source but it shouldn't matter. the only draw back is when i
compiled bind-9.2.0 on this system it took the better part of 12 hours!!
with that i mind you might want to go with packages.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
darinper at cognigencorp.com