The Sylpheed update

Ron Ostrander rkworld-lists at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 2 06:53:12 EDT 2002

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002 22:49:15 -0400
"S. Lawton" <green_man at bluefrognet.net> wrote:

> The rpm upgrade went off without a hitch.
> I gave it rpm -Uvh sylpheed-0.7.8-1mdk.i586.rpm
> but the manual still does not display from the help menu. The html
> pages are down in /usr/share/sylpheed/manual/en where they're
> supposed to be [so are the japanese now] , but the pointer or hook
> or whatever from the menu in the program doesn't seem to know
> they're there. Is there some way I can fix this ?

Did the binary install to /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin? If it went to
/usr/local/bin the manual pages should be in /usr/local/share/...etc.

Also check in Sylpheed under Configuration->Common Preferences->Other
and make sure you have your favorite web browser enabled--"galeon %s"
for example.

Good luck!
--
Ron Ostrander