Gnome Double Click Update

two_black_dogs green_man at bluefrognet.net
Mon Jul 1 22:44:55 EDT 2002

A while ago, I posted a problem about double click to open not working
in GNOME.
Peter wrote back:

 > Gnome straight out of the box is single click, give it a second, as
 > there is no launch feedback and especially in nautilus, takes a while
 > depending on your graphics, computer, etc.

And I replied:

I have double click enabled in KDE, which has been running right  along.
Come to think of it,
GNOME doesn't recognize my mouse  wheel in a scroll bar either. Maybe
its a conflict between
an .ini in  KDE and one in GNOME.

Since then, I have done a large amount of switching between GNOME and
KDE, and noticed that the cursor response to mouse movement was
generally very sluggish in GNOME compared to KDE. I could not find a way
to change this in GNOME, so I logged on to KDE and increased the
accelerator and double click interval settings, then went back to GNOME.
I now have functional double click and scroll on the mouse.

I also discovered that in KDE, like Windows, both the graphic image and
title of an icon are "hotspots", however in GNOME, only the TITLE of a
given icon is the hotspot for the cursor to launch an app or open a
directory.

Scott

--
two_black_dogs