routing/DNS

Wechter, Ron WechterR at cnrc.navy.mil
Thu Jan 24 10:34:16 EST 2002

I was told by one of the technicians that the "Teryon" modem is one fo the
best ones for powerlink.  If you dont have one see if you can "BS" one out
of them.  Also be sure that your connection to the modem is the right cable
type -- Im not sure of the numbers (because I am at work right now) but a
technician came out to my house and did a signal strength test and found out
that running a new cable of the right type help speed things up.  ALSO -- be
sure that your powerlink connection is off the MAIN split off of the house.

Thats all that I knwo in powerlink and TRUST me -- My modem used to cut out
every 20 min.  Took me about 2 months to get this stuff fixed!

               --------       -------------
----------    |Split A |-----| Cable Modem |
                            |---| split to rest of TVs |

Ronald K. Wechter
NRD Buffalo Assistant Systems Administrator
NRD Buffalo Webmaster
Navy Recruiting Department Buffalo
(716) 551-4901