Quake

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sat Jan 5 00:28:38 EST 2002

> Yeah, but will it work on a 486?? ;-)

Good question.  According to IDSoftware's web site:

System requirements

1. Personal Computer with a Pentium Processor.
2. 8 megabytes of RAM to play in DOS, 16 megabytes to run in a Win95 DOS Box.
3. A Sound Blaster or 100% compatible sound card is highly recommended.
4. 40 megabytes available hard disk space.

> What's minimum requirements for Quake?  I've got a Pentium Pro 200 and a
> Matrox 2 Meg. PCI video.  But if it works, and it'll "cross dress" w/
> Win98, I've got a 10 year old who would dearly love to smear the "old
> man's" innards all over a level! ;-)  It >might< be enough to get him
> away from Windoze! :-D

Let's put it this way, I have a 166Mhz machine w/64 RAM and a 1 Meg Cirrus
Logic video card.  I was able to run squake just fine (not sure about the
resolution though).

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.