Meeting Date and Subj

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 13:23:12 EST 2002

Currently I am trying to figure out how GUID (Group ID's) map to the NIS users.
 I cant seem to get the NIS users into the local groups (users, xgrp, audio,
cdrom, usb etc) the Linux Network ADmin Guide at Linuxdoc.org has a great
chapter on bith NIS and NFS.  It discussesd the need to change all UID and
GID's to match what is in NIS and shows a script to do it but it's still very
confusing.  I saw a link to an app on one page that automagically mapped names
to groups in NIS but can't find it now (too much aspartame in my Protein
shakes:-)

Long and Short I still need some guidnace on permissions across an enterprise.
IN mS world I would make a global (NIS group) and add that global group to the
local group, I'm not sure how to map that to Linux

KEEP the CD's if you like, we can always burn more.  We'll have to get a few
more copies of Quake binaries for those with slower links...