W2k Question

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Fri Dec 13 13:34:55 EST 2002

It's not mine, but it's not accessable from outside, just apparently from
an internal address trying to reach the outside. Must allow anything from
the internal network interface. It's not very smart he has said he can't
turn it off or change the port.

On a seperate (but related) note, I think through this excercise I may
have lost my ability to run anything on port 80. For my home box it
appears that any packets getting sent to port 80 are being dropped before
they get there. I setup a forward from 81 on router to 80 on server it
works I get my page when going to http://xxx.ods.org:81. I can't run
anything on 80, tried redirecting it to ssh. I shut off the port, running
nothing, I should get a connection refused. I don't it just hangs, makes
me believe port 80 is now being dropped by adelphia. I haven't changed
anything on this in months, it was working yesterday, but not after I
started this thread.

Justin

This is with nothing running on port 80, (should get connection refused)

# telnet xxx.ods.org 1024
Trying 24.xxx.xxx.xxx...
telnet: connect to address 24.xxx.xxx.xxx: Connection refused
telnet xxx.ods.org 80
Trying 24.xxx.xxx.xxx...
telnet: connect to address 24.xxx.xxx.xxx: Connection timed out