Vacation Program Web Front end

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Mon Aug 5 08:11:51 EDT 2002

deadpoint wrote:

> this depends on the server that you are using, as not all imap servers
> use the .forware file. for example the Cyrus imap server from CMU uses
> the Sieve mail filtering language to handle vacation, and any other
> message filtering. if this is the case you need to configure sendmail
> to interact directly with cyrus via lmtp, which i'm not going to get
> into (if you interested let me know). in the case of Cyrus you can use
> Websieve, http://sourceforge.net/projects/websieve. if you're using
> squirrelmail there is a sieve plugin, which i've not used even though
> i'm using squirrelmail.
>
> Bradley J. Bartram wrote:
>
>> If you are using imap, try squirrelmail with the vaction plugin.
>>
>> www.squirrelmail.org
>>
>> brad
>>
>> On Friday 02 August 2002 04:00 pm, Justin Bennett wrote:
>>

>>> Does anyone know of a web front end for the vacation program. I have
>>> users that want to controll their responder for when they are out. I've
>>> been manually doing it with vacation for them. I could write something
>>> that would create the message file and the .forward, after checking
>>> their password, but why reinvent the wheel if someone has done it.
>>>
>>> Justin
>>>

> --
> dangerous content by Dynabrade using Mailscanner,
> and is believed to be clean.

Does Cyrus handle the mail delivery also? Vacation puts a entry in the
.forward file and pipes the message into the vacation program. I'm
running Sendmail, procmail, and the standard ipop3 and imapd server that
come with redhat (berkely?). Just looking for a web front end where a
user could login and create the configuration in their .forward and
.vacation.msg file and turn it off through a web page. I'll probably
just write it. Was hoping it was already done...