guy with samba problem

Kenneth Galle kagalle at infoblvd.net
Mon Apr 29 13:12:05 EDT 2002

I'm haven't followed the whole thread - so ignore me if it doesn't apply.  It
has been my experience that name look up issues can stop everything from
working in samba, without any error messages that make sense.  In other
cases, timing can be the thing.  Waiting for the netbios name broadcasts to
go around.  Windows 2000 is very DNS dependant.  In addition to dig in linux,
there is also a dig for windows.  Make sure every name can be resolved
everywhere.  Is the windows 2000 machine joined to the samba's domain?  Just
some thoughts - hope it helps.

Ken