Charles Rishel chaz03 at localnet.com
Tue Apr 16 02:13:25 EDT 2002

Tony,

You may want to also do a couple of things..

1.  make sure samba daemon is running..

[chaz at bleys chaz]$ ps -A | grep mb
   507 ?        00:00:00 smbd
   517 ?        00:00:00 nmbd

You should see output such as that..

2.  Check your config file (/etc/smb.conf) and ensure that access is allowed..
Similar to this..

# This option is important for security. It allows you to restrict
# connections to machines which are on your local network. The
# following example restricts access to two C class networks and
# the "loopback" interface. For more examples of the syntax see
# the smb.conf man page
    hosts allow = 192.168.1. 127.0.0.

That's a start.. look for that and let us know your progress..

Chaz®