your mail

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Apr 10 08:11:49 EDT 2002

Was it the RedHat install that complained, or was it one of the
partitioning programs {disk druid|fdisk}?

I've had fdisk complain in the past about the geometry of certain HD's &||
the partitioning table being used.  Overwriting it with fdisk's
partitioning scheme appeared to have fixed whatever it was complaining
about.

> I added a 2nd bigger 6gb hard drive on my computer to set up a dual boot
> with Redhat 7.1 and Windows 2000 server which I have done in the past
> with no problems.  When I went to install Linux and it came to the
> partitioning it came up with an error about the geometry of the
> cylinders on the hard drive. Does anyone know how to change that and why
> does it do that?

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me