FHS

Charles Rishel chaz03 at localnet.com
Sun Apr 7 04:19:54 EDT 2002

As I have seen more than one person ask me about this, I decided that a
different topic/post was worthwile.

FHS=Filesystem Hierarchy System

It is one of the main things that helps to promote standardization between
Linux distro's.  It outlines in a loose structure of how and where things
should be found on any Linux distro, determines what is required on
/  where doc's should be put and so forth.

NOTE: it also leaves allowances for 'custom' distro's.. just tries to help
standardize.

One of the topics of study for the LPI cert.. I take test 1 on Friday 4/12..

Chaz®