Network settings

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 15:54:55 EDT 2001

1. The meetings are held the third Sunday of the month from 1-3pm, unless a
major event or holiday conflicts.
All are invited and no registration for meetings is necessary.  If you have
something in particular you want to do or see then address it here, in the
mailing list, and we can discuss it.

2. Can you bypass the proxy and create a direct link to the Net?  If so try
another apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade.

After that if you can't connect to the proxy then it's probably your ability to
connect to the proxy (I had similar problmes a while back with Debian behind my
firewall and MS proxy)  I had to use a very particular http_proxy to get it to
work.  Basically if text based web browsers can connect you are good.  Try the
text based browsers forst they can often ask for a password and username that
you can then use in the http_proxy string.

JJN