NIS Slave q's

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Sep 12 17:33:32 EDT 2001

I'm trying to setup a master/slave NIS.  I was able to setup a master NIS
slave with no problem....  it works beautifully.

But for some reason, when I try to make an NIS slave machine, I keep on
getting the following error:

(main is the name of my nis master server)

# ypinit -s main
Can't enumerate maps from main.  Please check that it is running.

I can do a ypwhich & get main.  I can even do ypwhich -m & get all the
available maps.  Anyobdy have some advise?  BTW, this is on RedHat 6.2,
Alpha.  I'm using the latest sources available at ftp.kernel.org (ypserv,
yp-tool, and ypbind).

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.