Thoughts for the meeting

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 13:26:38 EDT 2001

I'm much more familiar with Windows answer to this, which is a local copy of
the users "profile"  on the machine as well as on the network.  This si alwasy
sthere whether or not the user has a HOME directory on the Network somewhere.
When I logon It checks which is newer and updates the other.  If I can't get to
a domain controller It uses whatever is cached locally and will try to sync
whenever a domain controller (NIS Master server?) becomes available.

This may be quite rudimentary but I'm talking out loud to maybe help the
programmers in the group see what we're aiming for.

I feel very confident that we are not the first Linux users to use laptops and
this must have been answered or proposed by others.  If anyone has links or
uses laptops where they work please holler!

JJN