NTP and win2k

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 17:41:58 EST 2001

Tardis is running on one of our servers (I installed it :-)  It is a shareware
app that acts as an NTP client and server.  A client since it can connect to
other NTP servers and correct the time of the machine it runs on.  It then acts
as a server broadcasting to whatever networks/clients you set on the schedule
you set - the updated time.  The win boxes run K9 that sits as a VERY small
listening agent that sets the time on the macthine when it hears the broadcast.
I've used it successfully in a windoze nt 9x env.  We are still trying to get
the 2K time service running  correctly but I do know the win2k agent is a
service that needs to be started.

JJN