Quick turnaround question...

Richard Hubbard hubbardr at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 27 14:53:54 EST 2001

I have a chance to teach a class on HP Unix.

I realize that in spite of what Richard Stallman might say, UNIX and Linux
are close enough for all practical applications (especially in a teaching
environment.  I used to teach a UNIX class, using Linux on the computers).
However, there may be some issues...

First issue, I was handed the outline, and a couple of topics mentioned are
in the X-Window section that they are talking about.  They mention "HP-CDE"
and "KIA". Does Anyone know about these?  Is there any place on the web I
could get a quick primer?   Is there a Linux shell that looks/acts like
these?

There is also a 'configuration' section,.  I'm ok when they talk about NFS,
and FTP  setup.  I'm a little worried when they mention Printers and
"HP-UNIX" options.

If anyone can help on any of these things, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks in advance!

Richard Hubbard
MCT, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD,
CLP, CLI, A+, Net+, I-Net+, LCP, LCI