What are we gonna do today, Brain?

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri May 18 11:29:03 EDT 2001

I think a better question is what pop3 program do you have installed?  I'm
running 7.1 at work, & I still can't find a pop3 server installed by
default.

However, 110 access is controlled through /etc/services.  If it isn't
specified in there (or if it's commented out), then it won't work.

Plus you also need a daemon listening on that port ;)

hey Bob, how about an intro to FrameBuffer in console mode?  it includes
kernel hacking, lilo hacking, and offers some really cool results.  I'd be
more than happy to implement it on someone's machine (I don't think I'll
be bringing mine this Sunday).  I'm going to build a Frankenstein
machine instead :)

Or what about info on Samba?

-Rob