[nflug] >mount

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Jun 25 14:42:51 EDT 2001

I'm trying to write a script that will umount a drive from my linux
system.  I already have it setup so that all services that access the
drive will shutdown prior to it um-mounting.  But, I can't figure out how
to umount the drive if somone resides in that directory.

ie:

> cd /mnt/opt
> umount /mnt/opt

Mount: device busy

How can I forcibly umount the drive?  I tried the -f option, but no luck.

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.