amanda users

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Fri Jun 22 14:32:22 EDT 2001

hello,

i'm looking for anyone that has a tape library, probably at someones
business since there kind of expensive, that is willing to do some
testing on a script.

and now for the backgroud. we're using amanda as our backup utility here
at cognigen. we've been using it on solaris 2.6 machine, exabyte 17d
loader, sst scsi drive, and the chg-scsi for controlling the interface.
in moving to solaris 8 we learned that the sst driver isn't support on
that platform and that sun includes a scsi generic driver, sgen. of
course chg-scsi doesn't work with sgen so we decided to use mtx for
controlling the loader, see mtx.sourceforge.net for more info. amanda
comes with the chg-zd-mtx script for use with the mtx program. well
needless to say this script was thown together and hardly worked on
linux, solaris, and openbsd.

we did some rather extensive hacking and we have it working perfectly on
our solaris8 systems. i plan to start testing it on redhat and openbsd
next week but i'm looking for someone with a tape library other then the
exabyte 17d to try it out. after i do the testing on the other systems
we have inhouse i'd like to submit the diffs to the amanda project but
i'd like to see what happens on other systems and other tape libraries
before i submit.

if you or anyone you know might be interested in trying this out drop me
a line and i'll send you the scripts. we've tested with amanda 2.4.2p1,
amanda 2.5.0-19990615 (alpha code from CVS but it's be pretty solid),
mtx-1.2.10.

thanks

--
Darin Perusich