mailing list unavailability 15 June after 6:00pm

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 16:12:09 EDT 2001

You know, every once in a while, someone pokes something out on a list that
gets me to sit back and say "WOW, I never thought of that".  This one falls in
that category.  I've done the 'change DNS and wait' routine myself.

They say that the day you stop learning is the day you die.  I guess I'm still
alive :-)  Thanks, Chris!

Cheers!

Bob
--- Chris Brown <Chris.Brown at ctg.com> wrote:
> Unless your TTLs are higher than 27 hours, add the new MX record with a
> lower preference now, and then when you unplug the old gateway, all the
> mail will go to the lower preference (new) machine.  After the old box
> is removed and you are sure everything is working on the new box, remove
> the older, higher preference MX records.
>
> Chris

=====
Bob Meyer
Knightwing Communications, Inc.