Setting the Date

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 12:21:31 EDT 2001

--- "Gregory J.Neumann" <gjn at certainlywood.com> wrote:

> BTW, I notice the "adelphia.net" address, do you use any sort of Linux
> router to "share the wealth" around the house?  I've a couple of
> solutions that work, but don't call their tech support!!  If it ain't
> window$, they have no clue!

I do exactly that at home.  I have a junk machine that is configured to start
up in init level 3 (no X) and I have it doing ipchains to firewall/masquerade.
We have a Coyote Linux box set up for the group that we connect to a similar
kind of setup in the Towers.  Work fine, last long time...

The tech support guys are funny.  I had the installer going when he showed up.
He essentially just stood there and watched while I set everything up.  He
said: "I've heard that people could do this, I never saw it before now..."

cool stuff

Bob

=====
Bob Meyer