Setting the Date

Gregory J.Neumann gjn at certainlywood.com
Mon Jul 9 16:34:32 EDT 2001

Have you tried hwclock?  I'm not sure at all if I use it right, even
though the man page is pretty impressive and complete.  Usually, I
specify the time during the distro installation and don't need to do
anything after that.  But I have used:

# hwclock --hctosys

to set the system time from the "hardware (BIOS?) clock" to the "system
clock".  Notice that the "hardware clock" is different from the "system
clock", so it is not at all abnormal, or even unusual for there to be a
difference if the system is running for any length of time (say 24 hrs or
more).  The whole clock thing makes me want to get access to a
time-server, run ntp and be done w/ it! ;-)

Regards,
Greg Neumann
Gregory J. Neumann, E-mail: gjn at certainlywood.com
Certainly Wood Inc., 13000 Route 78, East Aurora, NY 14052-9515
Tel: 716-655-0206 ext. 206, Fax: 716-655-3446