Apple OS X

Gregory J.Neumann gjn at certainlywood.com
Mon Dec 3 11:58:17 EST 2001

Umm ... I guess it depends on if you have Mac hardware that it'll run on,
and I'm not about to buy any just to try OS X. ;-)  As far as configuring
things, isn't Mandrake, RH 7.x and SuSE pretty good about auto-detect
anyway?  How does price of a Mac w/ OS X compare to say a SPARC?
I guess that's an opinion, isn't it? ;-)
-Greg

Original Message dated 12/3/01, 11:35:44
Author: "Joe Pollock" <josephj at adelphia.net>
Re: Apple OS X:

What do you folks think of Apple's OS X?  I'm told it's based on BSD
Unix.  I saw a quick demo of it and We got down to a Unix shell prompt in
a few clicks.  I'm attracted to it because I can be and end user for once
instead of having to spend all my time trying to figure out how to
install and configure things.

Joe