Netscape 6 contd...

Micah Valine mvaline at buffnet.net
Wed Apr 5 16:40:54 EDT 2000

"[Darth] Snowbeam" wrote:

> First things first. It is about 10MB in size. It has Aim...oh my lord.
> That should ideally force an uninstall, but let me give it a chance. If I
> see the words AOL Linux or MS Linux anywhere, it's gone permanently. I
> can't really see to many changes since M13/14. Well it is a pre prelease
> and to be honest the only change I see is the logo, from Mozilla to
> Netscape. Anyone else notice anything new ?

I must confess to never having installed any software that wasn't put
into an RPM or Debian package. I downloaded the tar.gz file from
Netscape. What do I have to do to install it?

I have been waiting for a Linux version of AIM for quite some time.
Everyone I know at school uses it and if I want to talk to them, I have
to boot into NT. It is one of the last vestiges of Microsoft's control
of my computing life...  except for work, of course.

I would appreciate any assistance anyone could give me.

Regards,

Micah Valine
mvaline at buffnet.net