[nflug] openldap

Eric Benoit eric at bootz.us
Tue Nov 25 12:45:48 EST 2008

thanks, I'm really trying my very best use openldap with everything, but
it has been quite the task...

so far I use smbldap-tools with ldap and samba so I can use roaming
users... that worked out just fine it was all localhost stuff

but now I'm having diffuculty authenticating horde to the ldap server,
using smb authentication works fine, but like you said address books are
great to have with an email server and one of my objectives is to use
turba with horde's imp web based email server...

I have been slowly self signing ssl keys {I know Darin is frowning  :) }
and slowly implementing my slapd.conf makig sure connectivity stays up
for samba users ...sweating profusly as this is our internal DNS as well

so being careful is very important, and not knowing what I am doing all
the time is ok, as long as I am learning and can go back and fix mistakes.

But a class on all this would be great... I've been reading different
books and different web pages... none of which have exactly what I want
to do, but mostly pieces of what I am doing.  Maybe I am biting off more
than I can chew... but I'll just have to chew slow