[nflug] Centos Backup Best Practices

Erek Dyskant erek at blumenthals.com
Tue May 27 21:46:20 EDT 2008

Howdy All,
	I've been using rsnapshot (an rsync-based backup script) for backing up
CentOS servers, and was very happy with it.  It does efficient backups
that use native filesystem targets, so it's easy to restore specific
files, however:
	I just ran a full restore dress rehearsal, and found that rsync doesn't
copy selinux contexts, so I had to disable selinux on the restored
machine before it would boot.
	So, does any of you know of a good backup tool that can do
network-based incremental backups, and that backs up all of the
filesystem metadata?  Another requirement is that there need to be tools
to access specific files or directories (If it doesn't use the native
target's filesystem like rsnapshot does) from any of the snapshots
without doing a full restore.
	Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Erek