[nflug] Routers switches and the urge to get very vocal with a Dell tech support rep

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Jul 9 08:26:32 EDT 2008

For my network firewall here we've been using shorewall for years (now
with portknocking!) and have 2 nics, 1 for external, 1 for internal.
Although the external/internal thing doesnt matter, to have assign
multiple IP's to 1 nic, they take the form of eth0:0, eth0:1 and on and
on. I have never heard of this 4 nic limit as you mentioned, I would
doubt it, at least with modern kernels.