[nflug] PHP Syntax

Rob Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 07:48:55 EST 2008

two things that jump out at me:

1) <bold> is not a w3c compliant tag, you want to use <b> instead

2) You can make the code faster by running one print instead of the 8:

print "<b>
Post Date: $row['post_date']<br>
Posted By: $row['post_author']<br>
Subject: $row['post_title']<br>
</b>
$row['post_text']
<hr><br>";

Other than that, it looks fine to me.

-Rob

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:31 AM, Robert Wolfe <robert at muzzlethem.com> wrote:

> Ok, I know that this is probably the wrong group to be doing this in but I
> have a quick simple PHP question.
>
> I am working on a newsletter type PHP script and was wondering if the
> following code snippet was indeed correct (I am not able to test it here on
> my laptop just yet and I have not uploaded the code to my primary
> development/production/test server).
>
> ::snip::
>   // load data from the database and show data in the browser
>   while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
>       {
>           print "<bold>" ;
>           print "Post Date: {$row['post_date']} <br>";
>            print "Posted By: {$row['post_author']} <br>";
>            print "  Subject: {$row['post_title']} <br>";
>            print "<br><br>";
>            print "</bold>";
>            print $row['post_text'];
>            print "<HR><BR>";
>       }
>
> :: end snip ::
>
> I am writing this small package using Zend Studio for Eclipse v6.0 on my
> laptop which is running Unbuntu 8.10 Desktop.

-Rob

Ben Franklin Quote: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."