[nflug] PHP Syntax

Robert Wolfe robert at muzzlethem.com
Wed Dec 3 00:31:59 EST 2008

Ok, I know that this is probably the wrong group to be doing this in but
I have a quick simple PHP question.

I am working on a newsletter type PHP script and was wondering if the
following code snippet was indeed correct (I am not able to test it here
on my laptop just yet and I have not uploaded the code to my primary
development/production/test server).

::snip::
    // load data from the database and show data in the browser
    while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
        {
            print "<bold>" ;
            print "Post Date: {$row['post_date']} <br>";
             print "Posted By: {$row['post_author']} <br>";
             print "  Subject: {$row['post_title']} <br>";
             print "<br><br>";
             print "</bold>";
             print $row['post_text'];
             print "<HR><BR>";
        }

:: end snip ::

I am writing this small package using Zend Studio for Eclipse v6.0 on my
laptop which is running Unbuntu 8.10 Desktop.