[nflug] Fwd: Samba Revisited ... Again.

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Wed Aug 13 11:24:29 EDT 2008

One of the things I neglected to mention here.  Samba was installed via
apt-get from the Debian 4 repo.

Subject: Samba Revisited ... Again.
Date: Wednesday 13 August 2008 11:01
From: Robert Wolfe <robertwolfe at localnet.com>
To: nflug at nflug.org

Good morning all!

Well, holding off on the MySQL authentication with Samba thing for a bit
 while I struggle with getting groups to work.

It seems that all the users of the particular file server I am setting up can
access all of the shared folders I have set up, which is not supposed to
happen (ie people in the sales group can access folders in the hr group, and
vice versa) even those users are in their prospective groups and the group
settings on the folders in question are set right.  Is there something else I
am missing here?

Robert Wolfe (MCP/Linux+), Systems Administrator
LocalNet/CoreComm Internet Services
Web: http://www.localnet.com | http://www.core.com
Direct: (716) 799-8884