[nflug] Kino Video editing

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sat Apr 5 08:03:18 EDT 2008

Hello Bob,
  Sorry, I should have read your post more thoroughly. When I saw you
referring to kino, I assumed you were taking video from a video cam and
then going to work with it. I saw someone else post about dvd::rip, I've
worked with that and it does what you want. So does kino but I don't
really like kino's interface for building a dvd.
  If you have an existing video, *.avi, *.mpg or any other video mplayer
can view, MythTV has an awesome plugin that can take any recording (tv),
videos, etc., and create iso's, reencode to resize, etc. and then burn
dvd's, with or without menus. In fact, it has some pretty cool editing
capabilities for cutting commericals, by frame, time, all sorts of
stuff. You can apt-get the package (mytharchive). I've never tried it
but you should be able to work with VOB files with that as well, you
might need to fool the app initially though with a file extension though.