[nflug] After many, many google searches, I have to admit defeat and ask for help...

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Thu Sep 13 22:42:11 EDT 2007

If you need multiple passes, couldn't you just:

for i in `seq 20`; do
 	dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/partitionorwhatever
done

...and then get something to eat? I don't see the problem with
"scripting" it. I don't know what "certified" would be, but this is as
good as it gets without destroying the disk.

Thus spake Brad Bartram: