[nflug] FBSD 7-b1.5

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Wed Oct 31 10:18:38 EDT 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:10:14 -0400
Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

> If you try doing a cvsup based update to pull in the fixes made since
> the BETA1.5 ISOs were created it should fix this problem.  There were a
> few last minute adjustments to the ABI for the PCI bus.  I don't know
> for sure if that would fix a binary package install, it depends on how
> old the package set was.  The ports folks just entered their code freeze
> and a fresh set of packages should begin showing up in a few days that
> would definitely have been built against the current ABI.

Ok, I will definitely give this a try when I get home and see what happens,
and if I have any problems, I know where to go :P

> If you're familiar with the ports system and portupgrade you could also
> force portupgrade to rebuild the xorg stuff using the source method
> instead of relying on binary packages.  Depending on your system (and
> patience level :-) that could take too long though.  I tend to rely on
> the ports tree and compile method of dealing with installing stuff but I
> don't mind starting up a portupgrade and letting it run for a day when
> it comes time to update things like xorg/gnome.

I suppose I could give this a try :)  Hopefully TW Cable won't mind the
possible amount of bandwidth used :)

--
     Robert Wolfe (robertwolfe at localnet.com) | Systems Administrator
       LocalNet Corp | Williamsville, NY | http://www.localnet.com