[nflug] Routing Problem that I would love some input on

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Fri Oct 26 09:59:39 EDT 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:54:51 -0400
"Brad Bartram" <brad.bartram at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had actually thought about that, but I had to rule it out because of the
> nature of the application I'm running (i.e., very high load) and the
> relatively smallish hardware I'd be running it on.  With just the os and the
> app, the load would be livable, but with the added overhead of
> virtualization and such, it would be a very tight squeeze.
>
> All things considered, it's probably better that I broke the apps onto their
> own dedicated hardware.

Well, you could always use a version of VMWare Server (GSX I believe) that does
not rely on a host OS and basically has (I believe) a bare bones version of Linux
and a (I know that it has) hypervisor.

--
     Robert Wolfe (robertwolfe at localnet.com) | Systems Administrator
       LocalNet Corp | Williamsville, NY | http://www.localnet.com