[nflug] Routing Problem that I would love some input on

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Thu Oct 25 16:34:41 EDT 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:21:41 -0400
"Mark Musone" <mmusone at shatterit.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, using standard routing tables, you can't L (I've been down
> this road before)

Same here, I've just been too busy today to answer the original posting :P

> It's going to go out your default route. (Remember when we had that problem
> with one of your customers and we put them on a different network..the
> inbound packets were fine, but the outbound ones went out the original
> provider)

Yeah, it would be nice if you COULD do what was originally inquired about.
If it were possible in ANY way, I could load balance all my network
traffic without any problems :)  (well, without spending loads of money,
too <G>).

> The other option is to use iptables..i think you might be able to do some
> dependency routing and send data out specific nic cards (or at least do some
> header nagling)

Ugh!  There's that nasty word again, "iptables."  Almost as nasty as "vi." :P

--
     Robert Wolfe (robertwolfe at localnet.com) | Systems Administrator
       LocalNet Corp | Williamsville, NY | http://www.localnet.com