[nflug] TV Tuner Cards

K O wpos2 at roadrunner.com
Sun Oct 21 21:37:31 EDT 2007

The current Cable CARD standard is 1.0

More info about our local Cable CARD services can be found here:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/Corporate/Products/CableCard/CableCard.html

Additionally, there is another standard called DCAS which would
eliminate the need of an insertable card and bears the burden a little
more on software.  But a company owned by Rupert Murdoch is one of the
companies that is researching this technology, so keep this in mind,
especially if you don't think that the New York Post and Fox News are
sufficiently unbiased.

Neither Cable CARD 2.0 nor DCAS is approved by the FCC yet.