[nflug] Router Recommendations

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Wed Nov 28 13:33:50 EST 2007

Well if he has T1s coming in he needs a CSU/DSU to terminate it which is
what the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 is for. The 1841 had 2 10/100 ports build in and 2
HWIC slots, so for small T1 applications it's a nice fit.

Not sure why you keep mentioning 1801 unless it's a typo, thats a fixed
configuration DSL router. Are you talking about incoming or outgoing load
balancing/failover? For incoming you can do it with BGP with SP Services
IOS but the 1841 is kinda of low end for that and doesn't have much RAM.
For incoming you can do it with HSRP which is in IP Base.

-Jesse