[nflug] Off Topic: OpenID

Mark T. Valites mark-nflug at valites.net
Tue Nov 20 13:49:18 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Franklin Kumro Jr wrote:

> I was thinking about implementing an openID based auth system on one of
> my 'soon-to-be-released' websites. However I would like some input on
> how others feel about such a system. I know other sites are starting to
> adopt it, I just don't want this to be a road block and not see it until
> its to late.

Well, it depends on what you plan on using it for...

There's an article on it's downfalls here:

http://www.idcorner.org/?p=161

For additional debate, discussion of it comes up frequently on the
Educause IDM & Shibboleth users lists:

http://listserv.educause.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A0=idm
https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/shibboleth-users